What We Do As Your Property Manager
EXTENSIVE MARKETING OF VACANT PROPERTIES
- professional "on property" FOR RENT or LEASE signs
- rental list available by web, fax, office, email
- advertise in newspaper, Sacramento Bee and/or local newspapers
- vacancy list is posted on the web
- track calls and show properties
CAREFUL TENANT SCREENING
- thorough tenant application processing
- credit report
- income verification
- unlawful detainer (eviction) check
- owner approval of all applications
- new tenants may pay rent by EFT "Electronic Funds Transfer"
- receive rent from tenant by mail or personal payment
- post rents into computer
- run delinquency list on 7th of month
- tenant calls us for all repair request
- maintain maintenance log on all properties
- high quality maintenance with follow-up
- use of maintenance staff for minor repairs
- use of licensed and insured contractors
- timely response to repair request
- 24 hour emergency service
- handle all maintenance and repairs of up to $300 per one repair transaction without prior approval from the Owner.
- detailed monthly statements are provided as well as original receipts for all expense items.
- year-end 1099 statements for tax purposes
- we pay if authorized - mortgages, insurance, taxes, utilities, etc. for you
- communication, communication, communication
- you are not "just a number" with Cornerstone Property Management
- Cornerstone works for you and with you to see that your property is managed profitably.
- Cornerstone constantly strives to provide each owner with the most professional management available and maintain their properties in the best condition possible.
- each property is given special attention.
- individual attention for tenants
- responsive to tenant concerns
- quick response to repair requests
- walk-through of the property upon signing of management agreement.
- move-in/move-out inspections at tenant turnover
- drive-by property reviews
- annual interior inspection to check for leaks, smoke alarm operation, filters, etc. (small charge to owner for this service - service call + materials)
EVICTIONS (if needed)
- three-day notices are served between the 5th & 8th of each month
- tenants are given courtesy call about rent
- owners are called when tenant has not paid
- documents are prepared and faxed to attorney to start eviction process between 15th and 20th of the month
- we go to court on owners' behalf.
- Set move-in date and time with new tenant and arrange for tenant to bring in deposit on property
- Prepare all forms needed for move-in. (rental agreement, disclosure form, lead paint booklet, move-in inspection form, maintenance procedure form, and new tenant form)
- Let owner and other leasing/rental agencies know the property has been rented
- Call to cancel utilities: Water, Garbage Collection & Gas/Electric Utilities
- Cancel all ads and have sign removed.
- Meet new tenant on property and do move-in, signing all forms and completing move-in condition sheet.
- Also give tenant instructions on any appliances, heating, air, pool, sprinkler equipment necessary.
- Send copy of signed rental agreement and send to owner for his/her records. Send note about prorated amounts of rent if needed.
- Monthly management fee as percentage of gross income and based on term of management agreement. For nominal long term agreements: 7% single family, 8% for duplex, multifamily units will be quoted after consultation and inspection.
- Lease up commission 50% of 1st month's rent for locating and signing on a new tenant.
- Supply rental applications and all other documents necessary to meet Landlord/Tenant Laws
- Handle all tenant problems
- Fully account for all deposits
- Obtain bids and notify our clients prior to any excessive expenses regarding their property
- Ensure all required maintenance is done in a timely manner
- Provide 24-hour emergency service
- Fully computerized and detailed monthly statements accounting for all income and disbursements
- Disburse all tenant deposit refunds and supply required documentation
- All collected rent and deposits are maintained in a client's trust account, subject to periodic auditing
- Thoroughly screen all prospective tenants
- Our web page provides 24 hour marketing of your vacant property
- Conduct an interior survey of the property every six months with a copy going to the owner
- We use leading edge software for managing your properties efficiently and cost-effectively
Our Technology Advantage
Our goal is to provide you with the best service and manage your properties efficiently and effectively. Our team has invested in a complete and modern software solution, AppFolio Property Manager. We are excited to share several of the new capabilities and how they will benefit you.
- More effectively market your properties and fill vacancies sooner. AppFolio allows us to quickly advertise vacancies online, posting to our website, and hundreds of other listing sites. Applicants can also apply right from their smartphones.
- Price rentals right for your market and reduce vacancies. AppFolio’s built-in rental comparison tool provides actual rental rates for units similar to yours in the same geographic location. This insight allows us to maximize your revenue and fill vacancies faster.
- Screen for the best residents. Streamlined, built in resident screening includes standard background and credit checks along with past rent payment history. Screens can be completed in minutes - enabling us to place the highest quality residents quickly.
- You will be paid faster and more securely. New functionality provides our team the ability to deposit funds directly into your bank account. No more waiting for a check in the mail.
- Collect rent faster with online payment options. Modern residents expect easy, online payment options. AppFolio gives residents three convenient ways to pay electronically (Cash, E-check, or with a credit card).
- On-demand access to your statements. Owner statements are securely posted to an online Owners Portal, saving time and paper. These simple statements provide you with a quick snapshot of your property details for the past month. We can also include maintenance invoices and additional reports you request.
- Handle property maintenance issues faster. We use AppFolio for electronic work-orders and communication with vendors so we can quickly resolve issues. At your request, we can email you a copy of the work order and relevant information giving you real-time updates.
Owner Statements Available Online
Did you know that you can now access your owner statements online?
- Concise statements covering the performance of your property for the previous month
- All data on your property is stored in a state-of-the-art data center
- Access information about your property 24/7
- Access information about your property from anywhere with an internet connection
How it works:
In order to keep your financials secure, we use a state of the art portal system which communicates with your email.
Each time you wish to view your reports, you must visit the portal and enter in your email address. You will be emailed a single-use link where you can view your statements. This link does not have a time limit, however, it will only work once.
View Owner Statements